Action we might take on a handling complaint
If we uphold your handling complaint we can make formal, statutory recommendations.
We can recommend that the professional organisation take any of the following actions:
- further investigates the conduct or regulatory complaint
- reconsiders its decision
- provides more information
- pays compensation for loss, inconvenience or distress caused to you by the professional organisations' poor complaint handling
- re-imburses the administrative cost of making your handling complaint
- exercises its powers in relation to the solicitor or advocate
We can also give guidance on process improvements the professional organisation could make to address the issues raised in your handling complaint.